- DNA AND THE BEGINNING OF GENETIC HISTORY
- HALLEY’S COMET AND 76 YEARS
- HEMOGLOBIN AND IRON
- SAND DUNES AND THE PLANET MARS
- QUANTUM PHYSICS
- THE OZONE LAYER
- UNDERGROUND ENERGY RESOURCES: PETROL
- THE RETINA: THE LAYER OF THE EYE
- THE DURATION OF ROTATION OF VENUS AND MARS
- THE INVENTION OF TELEVISION
HEMOGLOBIN AND IRON
At the time the Qur�an was revealed, nobody was aware of the molecule hemoglobin and there was no such medical term in existence. Hemoglobin, which transports oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood in our bodies and that gives blood its red color, was only discovered in the 19th century.
Hemoglobin forms thanks to the element iron (Fe) in our bodies and is of vital importance to the performance of vital functions. The element iron (Fe) present in the middle of hemoglobin binds itself to oxygen and thus carries oxygen in the blood. For that reason, the hemoglobin molecule can be considered together with the element iron.
In verse 25 of Surat al-Fath, the letters comprising the words Fe (iron) and hemoglobin miraculously appear side by side. In addition, the letters comprising hemoglobin do not appear side by side in any other verse. This exceptional circumstance is one of the proofs of the Creation of Almighty Allah, the Lord of the past and future, He who is unfettered by time.
* The word hemoglobin is written almost the same in Turkish, Arabic, English and other languages. The letters comprising the word hemoglobin appear side by side from left to right.